Admission Requirements and Process
Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, it is recommended that all information be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of a semester.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to gather all materials to compete his/her application. Only those completed (with all materials) will be reviewed by the School of Business MBA Admission Committee.
The applicant must submit specific information to the FMU School of Business Office. The information may be submitted on-line or by print. The on-line application process is available by using the appropriate links.
The Graduate Application for Admission and non-refundable graduate application fee ($39); Click for on-line submission of information: Application Form
- Official transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate work from accredited institutions and indicating having received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution.
- An official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) score. At the discretion of the MBA Admission Committee, this GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived for applicants with advanced degrees and/or professional qualifications/certifications (such as CPA, RN). You must contact the Director of the MBA program to request the waiver process. Waivers are not typically provided for work experience.
- At least one, but preferably two or more, letters of recommendation. One letter should discuss your academic abilities.Click for on-line submission of information: Electronic request for recommendation
- A personal statement, 500 to 700 words in length, indicating one’s career goals and reasons for seeking admission to the MBA program. Click for on-line submission of information:Electronic submission of personal statement
- Resume Click for on-line submission of information:Electronic submission of resume
- A Test on English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score for all international applicants for whom English is not their native language. International students must complete the Click for on-line submission of information:Certificate of Financial Support
All application materials may be submitted to:
School of Business
Francis Marion University
PO Box 100547
Florence, SC 29502-0547
The MBA Admission Committee reviews all application material for evidence of preparation for graduate education in business and for promise of success as a graduate student. Personal interviews with the Director and/or the MBA Admissions Committee may also be required.
The MBA Admission Committee will review each applicant’s admission material for evidence of competency in the areas of foundational accounting, applied statistics, finance, and business software applications. Competency is typically demonstrated by academic course(s) or professional certificates. Upon review of the student’s admission material, the MBA Admission Committee may require the graduate foundation course, BUS 605 or appropriate undergraduate course(s) to be completed.
To download the MBA Application form
International students must complete the Certificate of Financial Support